My fiend and I just beat Beast Mode on insane with only 2 human players and our other controllers connected (split screen). Again, this only takes you and a friend and a few controllers to perform.
SUMMARY BEFORE WAVE BY WAVE HELP:
1. Pick Trenches (open area in the middle is critical)
2. Setup second controller as guest (click 'y' to sign in as guest on the 2nd controller, but it'll say "Not signed in" initially. You'll need to click 'y' again and scroll to guest account on live). If your login name is JOEsmith the guest will be JOEsmith (1)
3. The second controller will be used to buy Bloodmounts primarily, whom can shoot automatically with the guy on top. Starting around wave 4, you'll be able to buy them with your guest and immediately move your bloodmount with the guest controller forward and directly left where you'll have a little cover area. You'll put both bloodmounts at that little corner initially. In that cover location, your bloodmount guy with the gun sticks above the cover to shoot people and your monster is behind the cover. You'll only use the guest bloodmount if you're down to a few COGs to earn mone with the method in #5. Also, the guest controller Bloodmount may come in handy to finish off a few COGs to save money on the primary controller later in the rounds.
4. For wave 4 and beyond, do not select your guys right way. You both may want to wait for the fog to clear or the fog horn to sound then clear.
5. You're going to need 1 big money making round on Wave 5. You'll earn about 10k in this round following my detail below. If both you and your friend don't have about 16k each at the end of wave 5, start over. The general technique will be to continually down the heroes as you gain $100 per down and 3 seconds. Therefore, if you have about 3 heroes downed over and over, you generally gain time or lose it very slowly. Remember, heroes need to be 'executed', so it's easy to down them over and over with a drone and a few bloodmounts on your guest controller auto-shooting them for you. Wave 4 has 2 heroes and Wave 5 has 4 heroes, so you'll try to get your money in those 2 rounds with this repeated down method having 2 drones and 2 bloodmounts on your guest controllers.
6. Nearly every time, you'll spawn and go to the left and into that wide open middle part. You'll be attracting all of the COGs out into that section for the most part.
7. This may take you several tries given you need to become good at using a few of these characters. We spent 5 hours figuring out this method, so you should finish in 2 hours max.
WAVE by WAVE HELP for 2 Players (with 2 guest controllers connected split screen):
WAVE 1 - Use your guest controller as exploding tickers (kill all)
WAVE 2 - Same as wave 1.
WAVE 3 - Save as wave 3 UNTIL you open up the 2nd level given your main goal is to unlock the Bloodmount on the 2nd controller. See above summary #3.
WAVE 4 - Both of you will likely use your main controller (not guest) at this point for the most part:.
Guest controller: Buy the bloodmount on your guest controller and put in the strategic spot as mentioned in the summary section. I don't recommend reviving if he dies. Not needed.
Primary controller: Start with a 2 exploding tickers to kill a few guys. On third selection, pick the drone. This helps get the COGs out from behind the fences and into that middle open expanse. Use the downing money earning method on the 2 heroes as mentioned in the summary.
WAVE 5 - Same as WAVE 4, but you'll really want to get 3 or 4 heroes downed over and over as mentioned in the summary. Pay attention to the names as you down people or character skins to avoid killing them. If you have about 12-16k, it should be clear sailing from here.
WAVE 6 - From this point on, ALWAYS start with a snake (you and your friend) on your primary controller and Bloodmount on guest. Move bloodmount to cover location. The Bloodmounts alone will draw the COGs out of the fence and into the open area for the snakes to pick off. SNAKES should attach Sentinals or other heavy weapon COGs. Don't worry about trying the 'downing' money technique at this point because you will not need the money.
WAVE 7 - Same as 6. However, if the COGs start at the far end of the map, you may need to take down a fence with a guy on a turret directly behind. In this emergency, ONE player should buy a Bezerker and go around the back way under the hill. Don't focus on killing guys, only run through fences, kill that turret, then kill COGs.
WAVE 8 - Between Wave 6 - 9, you'll probably have 2 rounds where one of you had to be the Bezerker. Remember, if you started as snakes/bloodmounts, your Bezerker will not be killed instantly as the COGs have spread out at this point. Always focus on fences, turrents, etc with the big guy. You'll earn big cash and pay for half of him anyway.
WAVE 9 - You or your friend will likely need the Bezerker. Same strategy. Try not to use 2 Bezerker's this round. Only you or your friend.
WAVE 10 - Same as 9.
WAVE 11 - Same as 10. We managed with only snakes and original bloodmounts on this wave, so it can be done if everything goes perfectly. It's unusual, but it happens. Don't hesitate to use 1 or 2 Bezerker's here.
WAVE 12 - Same as 11, but you'll almost certainly need 1 Bezerker. We killed all but 5 COGs before needing them. They jump around a lot, so it's harder with the snake. We ended with over 10k each, so there is plenty of room for a mistake here and there, extra snakes, etc.
I suspect we are the FIRST people to beat Beast on insane with 2 humans. I think it's impossible with 1 person or even 2 without that Bloodmount support.
GOOD LUCK FOLKS!