AuthorMessage
Cay-Bar10
New Recruit
New Recruit

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1
GOW cash : 3

PostSubject: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:24 am

So I loved Gears of War 1, hated Gears 2, and am sad to see the developers continued on the Gears 2 style. Where are the Bizerkers? Why did they make this a arcade style shooter instead of a more horrific surviver shooter like the 1st one. WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE STORY. Locust/Lambant...use one or the other, don't just introduce a new enemy and re-write everything Gears 1 developed. And why the hell are the Lambent Glowing and Onfire...it jsut gives it more of a cartoon feel and over the top design that is abnoxiously cliche for "monster" type enemies. I so wish I could develop a game and show these morons what is cool and isn't (cause as long as they resemble skeletons and are on fire they are cool right...maybe for a fourth grader). Also, the Previously on Gears short doesn't even mention anything that happened in the first game except for Emergence Day. What happened to the epic boss battles? If you got a lancer you can beat everything now. Worst gameplay and campaign so far. After the first 2 hours of just shooting 20 enemies walking 20ft and starting a new stage and fighting the same 20 enemies has gotten SO FUCKING BORING! Also, why do boss's in Gears 3 have the ability to shoot, grab, stab and shoot flames through cover at you? WTF FAIL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sole
Cole Train
Cole Train

Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 479
Gamertag : STEADY KNOCKIN
GOW cash : 462

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:29 am

I actually enjoyed it. I haven't read the books or nothing but I hear that the books give a more in-depth of the story.Maybe it will answer your questions..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:53 pm

That's all your opinion mate. I really enjoy Gears 3, As I did with the others. You can't force us to change our opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
StylishRanger
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 9
Gamertag : StylishRanger
GOW cash : 9

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:56 am

The lambent are immulsion that's why it gives the effect of "fire" they just another form of fuel that's why they explode except it's a life form. The creator can not please every one.

Apart from you every one else seems to have taken like to the campaign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx Hammerburst
Battle Hardened Gear
Battle Hardened Gear

Number of posts : 404
Gamertag : EngulfingShad0w
GOW cash : 305

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:39 am

StylishRanger wrote:
The lambent are immulsion that's why it gives the effect of "fire" they just another form of fuel that's why they explode except it's a life form. The creator can not please every one.

This.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwar3chatforum.com/
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:15 am

Onyx Hammerburst wrote:
StylishRanger wrote:

This.

Completely agree with above posters. I loved the storyline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
v Wookiee v
Gnasher Master
Gnasher Master

Number of posts : 579
Gamertag : v Wookiee v
GOW cash : 288

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:42 am

Cay-Bar10 wrote:
So I loved Gears of War 1, hated Gears 2, and am sad to see the developers continued on the Gears 2 style. Where are the Bizerkers? Why did they make this a arcade style shooter instead of a more horrific surviver shooter like the 1st one. WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE STORY. Locust/Lambant...use one or the other, don't just introduce a new enemy and re-write everything Gears 1 developed. And why the hell are the Lambent Glowing and Onfire...it jsut gives it more of a cartoon feel and over the top design that is abnoxiously cliche for "monster" type enemies. I so wish I could develop a game and show these morons what is cool and isn't (cause as long as they resemble skeletons and are on fire they are cool right...maybe for a fourth grader). Also, the Previously on Gears short doesn't even mention anything that happened in the first game except for Emergence Day. What happened to the epic boss battles? If you got a lancer you can beat everything now. Worst gameplay and campaign so far. After the first 2 hours of just shooting 20 enemies walking 20ft and starting a new stage and fighting the same 20 enemies has gotten SO FUCKING BORING! Also, why do boss's in Gears 3 have the ability to shoot, grab, stab and shoot flames through cover at you? WTF FAIL.

You should have played the Gears of War 2 storyline and alot of your questions would have been answered through that. BTW Gears of War 1 is a fail imo... I mean compared to Gears of War 3... 2 player co-op.. Impossible shit always happening.. And I don't know why everyone thinks RAAM was so B/A I mean he by far is teh Coolest boss.. But I don't think he was that hard if you had a decent partner.. My friend and I dropped him in 4 minutes lol.

In Gears 1 you fight the same enemies with the same guns throught the entire 5 hours so I have no idea what you mean by that. I agree with the overpowered Lancer though.. But the rest you said is a crock of shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewargods.weebly.com
FriskyMandingo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 16
Gamertag : FriskyMandingo
GOW cash : 26

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 am

Must dissagree my friend. In my mind Gears of war 1 was great, but it lacked alot of the little adjustments that were appplied to Gears 2 & 3. like the fact that the lancer was really underpowered in the first game, you were better to using the Hammerburst or the horridly overpowered Gnasher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:01 am

Troll thread!

Don't feed the Troll!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GvT Dymension
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 13
GOW cash : 17

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:24 am

I thought the campaign was weak in terms of the plot. Really didn't answer any questions. Why was Myrrah a 'human'. What actually happened to Adam when Marcus saw him 'die'? I thought all of it would have been wrapped up but they just side-stepped every potential conversation with "Hang on, lets clear these guys first then talk later" and either the character died or they simply went from battle to battle and never resolved the issue. Meh, still a great game.

- D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3120
Gamertag : BlG BOS5
GOW cash : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 am

There's loads on unanswered questions in my mind especially around Myrrah I thought the Gears 3 campaign would of answered but it didn't it just left me with more questions and mystery. It's been suggested to read books but believe me I don't get the time to read lol

Campaign was good but the story wasn't as revealing as it should of been.

General RAAM
General RAAM

Clan : Kryll Ever
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 174
Gamertag : Huskieee
GOW cash : 214

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:53 am

i really have a feeling that playing as Gen Raam will reveal alot that wasnt revealed, i think that everything they are giving us now wasnt in the game because of deadlines. plues we have 2 more DLC we know of after this pack tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OMGITSJASON
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 10
Gamertag : CORPSE THROWER
GOW cash : 10

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:31 am

Gears of War 3 is the best Gears game imo. I loved the bro man survival tale of Gears of War also..it was intimate. However I still believe Gears of War 3 is the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://videogames-source.com
2pacalypse Now
New Recruit
New Recruit

Number of posts : 16
GOW cash : 18

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Cliff hhas mentione if they were to continue the series, that it would take a dark knight style revamp to make them want to continue. So you may just get your darker, less over the top style your looking for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umm..WTF IS THIS?   Today at 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Umm..WTF IS THIS?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GEARS OF WAR FORUMS :: Gears of War 3-
Jump to: