Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Sawed off Shottgun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyrat89
Graphics Manager
Graphics Manager


Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 2
Number of posts : 937
Age : 27
Gamertag : KYRAT89
GOW cash : 1151

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:59 pm

i dreading the time i start to use it to boost oynx 6000 kills with it

_______________________________________________________________



http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kyratdesigns.motionsforum.com/
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Age : 19
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 pm

theDevilziNME wrote:
BadOmenYourWay wrote:
mutlien wrote:
Missed that about the Mortar - love this weapon on trenches along with the Boomshot for the Hail Marys!

I love blindfireing the Mortar inbetween peoples legs to watch them fly up and spin around, WEEEE!!!! *SPLAT*

Actually laughed out loud reading that!

i nearly died reading that from laughing -laughs-,-drops from a chair-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Age : 34
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:48 am

I love how there is sooooo much hate for this weapon....Epic was merely trying to make their game more accessible to a wider array of players.....I agree that it is a bit of a noob weapon, but don't they deserve to have ONE weapon? I mean, if the so called "skilled" players can't handle the "noobs" that only have one weapon that gives them an advantage, are they truly "skilled"? I would not really consider myself a skilled player, but I don't think I'm a noob, either. I'm sure I'll get plenty of heat for taking this stance, but that's what these forums are for, expressing your opinions and getting feedback. Have at it, peeps! Very Happy

_______________________________________________________________

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigStu4q
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 am

griz696 wrote:
I love how there is sooooo much hate for this weapon....Epic was merely trying to make their game more accessible to a wider array of players.....I agree that it is a bit of a noob weapon, but don't they deserve to have ONE weapon? I mean, if the so called "skilled" players can't handle the "noobs" that only have one weapon that gives them an advantage, are they truly "skilled"? I would not really consider myself a skilled player, but I don't think I'm a noob, either. I'm sure I'll get plenty of heat for taking this stance, but that's what these forums are for, expressing your opinions and getting feedback. Have at it, peeps! Very Happy

i love you bounce

_______________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Age : 34
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 am

BigStu4q wrote:
griz696 wrote:
I love how there is sooooo much hate for this weapon....Epic was merely trying to make their game more accessible to a wider array of players.....I agree that it is a bit of a noob weapon, but don't they deserve to have ONE weapon? I mean, if the so called "skilled" players can't handle the "noobs" that only have one weapon that gives them an advantage, are they truly "skilled"? I would not really consider myself a skilled player, but I don't think I'm a noob, either. I'm sure I'll get plenty of heat for taking this stance, but that's what these forums are for, expressing your opinions and getting feedback. Have at it, peeps! Very Happy

i love you bounce

thanks, but I'm married.... Laughing

_______________________________________________________________

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Age : 19
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 pm

griz696 wrote:
BigStu4q wrote:
griz696 wrote:
I love how there is sooooo much hate for this weapon....Epic was merely trying to make their game more accessible to a wider array of players.....I agree that it is a bit of a noob weapon, but don't they deserve to have ONE weapon? I mean, if the so called "skilled" players can't handle the "noobs" that only have one weapon that gives them an advantage, are they truly "skilled"? I would not really consider myself a skilled player, but I don't think I'm a noob, either. I'm sure I'll get plenty of heat for taking this stance, but that's what these forums are for, expressing your opinions and getting feedback. Have at it, peeps! Very Happy

i love you bounce

thanks, but I'm married.... Laughing
Laughing Laughing -laughs- -splat on the floor-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigStu4q
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Tue May 01, 2012 12:07 am

griz696 wrote:
BigStu4q wrote:
griz696 wrote:
I love how there is sooooo much hate for this weapon....Epic was merely trying to make their game more accessible to a wider array of players.....I agree that it is a bit of a noob weapon, but don't they deserve to have ONE weapon? I mean, if the so called "skilled" players can't handle the "noobs" that only have one weapon that gives them an advantage, are they truly "skilled"? I would not really consider myself a skilled player, but I don't think I'm a noob, either. I'm sure I'll get plenty of heat for taking this stance, but that's what these forums are for, expressing your opinions and getting feedback. Have at it, peeps! Very Happy

i love you bounce

thanks, but I'm married.... Laughing

thats fine, i have a mrs too, they'll never know.

mwahahahahahaha Laughing

_______________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi


Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Age : 21
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
Sawed off is trash. The only "skill" with it is in closing the distance before firing it. I don't have a problem with people using it, but they're using an objectively inferior weapon. Some stats:

- Less one-hit kill range than gnasher
- Can't use actives effectively
- Can't fire more than 1 shot before a looooooong reload
- Can't support teammates in a gun fight unless you're on top of them

At least with the gnasher, you can 2 or 3 shot down people who are pretty far away with actives while retaining the ability to easily hip-spray gib people up close as long as you have said actives. You give up basically EVERYTHING just to get a wider spread...no thanks.

Hiding in this game is the mark of weak players USUALLY, and that's true for either shotgun. You don't get kills at a decent rate and are not shooting people while hiding. If someone is pulling out a shotgun, one of only a few things need to be true:

1. Contesting an area with tight corners
2. Flanking and reasonably close to the opponents
3. Getting the jump on someone who obviously doesn't know you're there and is running for a power area (basically, picking on a weak player charging you, but there's no reason not to kill them).

In most other situations, having AR range is a superior choice.

Oh, you forgot the constant charge and retreat tactics that they use lol! As in, shoots, misses, then runs away for 30 seconds attempting to reload while i down them with my AR XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Age : 19
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 pm

active reloads are quite useful, but if you fail to get it u jam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator


Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3120
Age : 36
Gamertag : BlG BOS5
GOW cash : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Wed May 02, 2012 5:03 am

I know I've always said the Sawed off Shotgun is a piece of shit crap basterd weapon BUT I've been loving it these last few days. But only in private against bots not in public.

I'm obviously going for seriously 3.0 so I need 6000 kills with this dam weapon I've about 600 to go and I must say it's been fun and has teached me alot about how those players who use it play. It will come in handy knowing what I have learned from it when I jump back onto multiplayer with my Gnasher Twisted Evil


_______________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Age : 19
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Wed May 02, 2012 11:12 pm

and i am trying to get the freaking angel of death, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to do it

and i only have around 3.6 k executions, so thats more than a half of the onyx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Age : 34
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Thu May 03, 2012 5:16 am

nulgath wrote:
and i am trying to get the freaking angel of death, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to do it

and i only have around 3.6 k executions, so thats more than a half of the onyx

I know it's not my place, but isn't this waaaay off topic? Laughing

_______________________________________________________________

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker


Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Age : 24
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Thu May 03, 2012 12:06 pm

i rarely used a SO in a public match, mainly when i get pissed off and show em how its done lol, but prefer a gnasher than a SO, going with ninja on the private matchs only to own the bots with it lol

_______________________________________________________________


-WHO WANTS TOAST!!!- Marcus Fenix
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 761
Age : 19
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Thu May 03, 2012 10:27 pm

griz696 wrote:
nulgath wrote:
and i am trying to get the freaking angel of death, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to do it

and i only have around 3.6 k executions, so thats more than a half of the onyx

I know it's not my place, but isn't this waaaay off topic? Laughing

presumably i was saying that i i have same probs with getting MY medal
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Age : 34
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 am

nulgath wrote:
griz696 wrote:
nulgath wrote:
and i am trying to get the freaking angel of death, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to do it

and i only have around 3.6 k executions, so thats more than a half of the onyx

I know it's not my place, but isn't this waaaay off topic? Laughing

presumably i was saying that i i have same probs with getting MY medal

I get that, but the topic of this thread is "Sawed off Shotgun"....

_______________________________________________________________

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BikiniCladKilla
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 23
Gamertag : BikiniCladKilla
GOW cash : 27

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 3:03 am

....Ok so then back on topic... It is ridiculous that people are so mad about the sawed off. Yes when someone causally walks up to me while i'm in another shotty battle or something and pops me its infuriating. Since its been nerfed i feel like its a much more balanced weapon. And you have plenty of time to kill the sawed off users while there running away to reload.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BikiniCladKilla?feature=guide
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Age : 34
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 3:36 am

Well said, BCK... Very Happy

_______________________________________________________________

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator


Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3120
Age : 36
Gamertag : BlG BOS5
GOW cash : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 7:45 am

Finally Onyxed the Sawed off Shotgun medal cheers

6000 bots died in the process lol

Now I can go back to my Gnasher. I must say though that it aint that bad, after getting 6000 kills with it I reckon I could do some serious damage online, but I won't I'll stick to Gnasher. Could come in handy though in a clutch situation if you swap your AR for one. So you have the Gnasher and SOS. Now that right there is a deadly combination in the right hands!

_______________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Age : 34
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 7:49 am

Ninja wrote:
Finally Onyxed the Sawed off Shotgun medal cheers

6000 bots died in the process lol

Now I can go back to my Gnasher. I must say though that it aint that bad, after getting 6000 kills with it I reckon I could do some serious damage online, but I won't I'll stick to Gnasher. Could come in handy though in a clutch situation if you swap your AR for one. So you have the Gnasher and SOS. Now that right there is a deadly combination in the right hands!

I'm pretty sure it won't let you do that....but you're right, that would be fairly brutal in the right hands! Twisted Evil

_______________________________________________________________

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator


Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3120
Age : 36
Gamertag : BlG BOS5
GOW cash : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 7:56 am

griz696 wrote:
Ninja wrote:
Finally Onyxed the Sawed off Shotgun medal cheers

6000 bots died in the process lol

Now I can go back to my Gnasher. I must say though that it aint that bad, after getting 6000 kills with it I reckon I could do some serious damage online, but I won't I'll stick to Gnasher. Could come in handy though in a clutch situation if you swap your AR for one. So you have the Gnasher and SOS. Now that right there is a deadly combination in the right hands!

I'm pretty sure it won't let you do that....but you're right, that would be fairly brutal in the right hands! Twisted Evil

No I don't mean starting with this loadout as it's not possible I mean swapping your AR in the match with a dropped SOS Very Happy

_______________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gearsofwarfans.com
Phenom 247
Moderator
Moderator


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Age : 34
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 8:07 am

Ninja wrote:
griz696 wrote:
Ninja wrote:
Finally Onyxed the Sawed off Shotgun medal cheers

6000 bots died in the process lol

Now I can go back to my Gnasher. I must say though that it aint that bad, after getting 6000 kills with it I reckon I could do some serious damage online, but I won't I'll stick to Gnasher. Could come in handy though in a clutch situation if you swap your AR for one. So you have the Gnasher and SOS. Now that right there is a deadly combination in the right hands!

I'm pretty sure it won't let you do that....but you're right, that would be fairly brutal in the right hands! Twisted Evil

No I don't mean starting with this loadout as it's not possible I mean swapping your AR in the match with a dropped SOS Very Happy

I swear I've tried that and it wouldn't let me; but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time....lol)

_______________________________________________________________

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corroded
Gunzerker
Gunzerker


Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 4
Number of posts : 661
Age : 24
Gamertag : CorrodedDeath
GOW cash : 506

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 8:14 am

ive done the SO + Gnasher before, only when i was about to run out of gnasher ammo lol, so i could charge, get a kill or charge, go splat..lmao

_______________________________________________________________


-WHO WANTS TOAST!!!- Marcus Fenix
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2332/corrodeddeath.png
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 11:30 am

Swapping away an AR for a sawed-off is like putting up an in-game billboard that you don't know how to play.

Suddenly your only ability to shoot someone at any distance is the snub, and that has limited rounds.

SoS is for trolling, cherry tapping, or screwing around only. If you're swapping in 2 shotguns you better be winning the round by ~10 stock or so or simply out of ammo with the AR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BikiniCladKilla
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 23
Gamertag : BikiniCladKilla
GOW cash : 27

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 11:56 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
Swapping away an AR for a sawed-off is like putting up an in-game billboard that you don't know how to play.

Suddenly your only ability to shoot someone at any distance is the snub, and that has limited rounds.

SoS is for trolling, cherry tapping, or screwing around only. If you're swapping in 2 shotguns you better be winning the round by ~10 stock or so or simply out of ammo with the AR.


I don't know if that's entirely true, there are certain circumstances beyond being out of ammo where it can be beneficial IMO.
I have definitely done it when rushing a point in king of the hill, or when being completely spawn trapped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BikiniCladKilla?feature=guide
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 pm

When rushing a point in king of the hill, you have plenty of gnasher ammo (it's also the most common ammo drop in the game, even when sometimes it shouldn't be) and absolutely no guarantee you won't need your AR, especially after taking the point (and also none that you'll be able to swap back). Lacking a ranged game makes it really hard to cross their approach too.

Breaking a spawn trap depends on the map (drydock is very different from rust lung for example) but again situation where people are on top of you, you lack sufficient gnasher rounds even after killing people, and there is NO chance that you'll benefit from being able to shoot at range are virtually non-existent.

When you want to win close ranged engagements or are working in tight corners, the gnasher is better. When going for map control, crossing someone with team support (or supporting a cross), limiting enemy mobility, and helping people who are fighting across the map the AR is the weapon a good player has out (unless, of course, he has a better option like a power weapon Smile).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sawed off Shottgun   Today at 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Sawed off Shottgun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» sawed off chicken best easter egg ever
» Got my Gold sawed-off

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GEARS OF WAR FORUMS :: Gears of War 3-
Jump to: