ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3120
Gamertag : BlG BOS5
GOW cash : 3893

PostSubject: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 am

I am referring to the multiplayer side of it.

I've played this game to death since it was released and have alot of head scratching thoughts about the multiplayer!

I could play it on a Monday night and almost get MVP every match, even if I don't have MVP I'm right up there in 2nd place with a healthy K/D ratio. Then I play on Tuesday night and finish at the bottom, or near the bottom with a shit K/D for every match.

It's not I'm having a good day or bad day on the game, it's just the inconsistency. I have a good internet connection, I know how to dam play, but still everytime I get geared up for a sessions it always different!

I've played so many matches now online since release and believe me rank means fuck all, I've kicked ass to players miles ahead of me and got my ass kicked from players miles below me.

The matchmaking is just fuked completely. God only knows how you are matched because no matter how many times I do the maths and consider location, connection, rank, K/D, W/L and whatever else it still as the inconsistency.

I could join a TDM quick match and the opposite team average K/D 2.0+ yet my team are all K/D 1.00 or less!

Sure K/D 'can' mean nothing but in that situation it does. So what is the matchmaking based on? It aint your level or W/L or K/D or location or name or age or hair colour or fukin shoe size.

I tell you all one thing I know for sure, the game was perfect until Epic started to release DLC's.

Clan : HSC
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1115
Gamertag : BigStu4q
GOW cash : 1019

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm

i agree fully man, thats why i've pretty much stopped playing online multiplayer. i used to play for hours everyday, now i play a few matches here and there.

i still get the teleporting gnasher sponge guys as well and i get really pissed off most of the time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManBearPig
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 45
Gamertag : ManBearPiig x
GOW cash : 51

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 am

I'm not saying ur a bad player that's not my intention. In fact u seem quite a level headed one. But gears is a very competitive game. And in reality I think the game is very consistent with players who perform at a consistently high level.. Some days you are going to be on the bottom of the leaderboards and other days you will be on top. It. All comes down simply to who your playing with/against.

Certain players I play with believe that everytime they die its "bullshit" this isn't true. They don't stop and think what they did wrong and how they could of approached the situation better. I'm not saying ur one of these players but in response to you saying gears has changed since the dlc was released you are correct. Players are changing and adapting to differences in tactics. That's the beauty of a game such as this. Its not inconsistency its just a case of very consistent opponents.

Last edited by ManBearPig on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:26 am

hmm true i got some bad connection in multi as thats why im crap when most players are from USA i just cant use the freakin gnashers cuz i always miss, they should have an option to play with people with which u got a good connection
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3120
Gamertag : BlG BOS5
GOW cash : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:47 am

ManBearPig wrote:
Its not inconsistency its just a case of very consistent opponents.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the game being inconsistent or maybe it's me being inconsistent!

Perhaps the latter maybe the truth lol

I just wanted the get the OP of my chest had a bad run for a few days and got frustrated, anyone knows being frustrated playing Gears get you killed quickly, and over and over again!

It seems the noob slaying days are over time to get tactical ninja

Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 45
Gamertag : ManBearPiig x
GOW cash : 51

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:02 am

Don't mistake my post as criticisim on ur ability on gears, I'm not saying u slayed noobs Smile in my opinion I get inconsistent depending on what team I am put with. If I'm put with a team that does not work together well I will often have a very poor KD.

On the other hand if I play with people who I play with reguarly or a good team in general then more often than not I will have a high KD. No matter how good of a player you are if your put with a bad team u can't rambo an entire team so a lot of it I think comes down teamwork
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nulgath
Grenadier
Grenadier

Number of posts : 761
Gamertag : Lord Deathforge
GOW cash : 427

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:20 am

thats actually true i agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TTGConbonz
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : C o n B o n Z x
GOW cash : 26

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 pm

I just shot a guy with three active reloaded shells and he bodies me In one...

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ninja
Locust King
Locust King

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2521
GOW cash : 2252

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 pm

TTGConbonz wrote:
I just shot a guy with three active reloaded shells and he bodies me In one...

Sad
That's what pi$$es me off. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegits
New Recruit
New Recruit

Clan : HS
Number of posts : 10
Gamertag : thegits
GOW cash : 12

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah, ive been finding this happening to me alot recently. Im a good player, kd of 2.4 and wl of 2.6, but recently my shotgun feels like a pea shooter. I like to ambush people when i can, by hiding and letting them pass, then putting my gnasher into their back and pulling the trigger but even that doesnt work now sometimes. Last time i played i did this and then even got off a second shot on the guy, before he turned and gibbed me in 1. Im not the sort who complains that every one of my deaths is bullshit, but recently this sorta stuff has been happening more frequently
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tymboslycebouncez
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 88
Gamertag : n33dWaLLz2PLaY
GOW cash : 102

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:47 am

3 words: THIS GAME CHEATS!!! personally i think the coles and raam's have the ability to take extra damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/tymboslyce
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?   Today at 12:33 am

Back to top Go down

Why is Gears 3 inconsistent?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1