AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2436
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Why Grand Theft Auto V is Set in America, Plus New Screens a   Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:56 am

A flurry of new information regarding Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V has hit the net, including more on the game’s characters, talk of alternative settings and a bunch of fresh screens.

According to Rockstar’s co-founder Dan Houser, GTA V’s structure - allowing you to hop freely between the characters of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor - will allow you to play as both the hero and villain of the game’s narrative.

Houser told the New York Times, "Just at the conceptual level, the idea was three separate stories that you play in one game.

"The next bit was, let's not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven. It felt like it was going to be a real narrative strength: you get to play the protagonist and the antagonist in the same story."

The question is, who is good and who is bad?

Houser also told InsideGamer.nl that he argued against the idea of GTA V being set outside of America.

"I thought about it. A lot,” he said. “Argued it every which way. I think, my own sense, speaking for myself and not for the company, is that it's as much a product Americana. That's such a big part of the game.

"You could make a great game set in Amsterdam. Would it be GTA? I don't know. We haven't done it, so I can't really offer a comment or an opinion on it. We've avoided it because we think that part of the experience of GTA is its engagement with America, or American media, American movies, American culture."

In addition to this a little more info about the size of the game has been revealed.

Last week we learned that GTA V’s Los Santos setting is “bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, GTA San Andreas and GTA V combined. Now we also know that GTA V is roughly “fives times bigger” than Read Dead Redemption alone.

So yeah we get the point, Grand Theft Auto V is a whopper.

Have a look at the new screens below.

[x360a]

YouTube Channel & Twitch Account

The Gamer Formally Known as DaveChaos
Twitter: @TheBlueOmen
Vine: TheBlueOmen
Instagram: TheBlueOmen

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Why Grand Theft Auto V is Set in America, Plus New Screens a   Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 am

Only problem i see with this is the "let's not have the stories intersect once or twice but have them completely interwoven." part... If they are that tightly wound wouldin't it be like the same story in the end no matter who you were playing just a different outcome? And really be repetative if you beat the game as one guy then move to the next to just get the same cutscenes =-\ hopefully theres alot of side story to each character, which is highly expected because Rockstar is a great game producer *just look at Red Dead Redemption* and i can imagine it will still all in all be a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2436
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: Re: Why Grand Theft Auto V is Set in America, Plus New Screens a   Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am

The fact that this game is bigger then red dead, san Andreas and GTA IV put together for area think will be easy for them to keep the guys stories different and different areas.

YouTube Channel & Twitch Account

The Gamer Formally Known as DaveChaos
Twitter: @TheBlueOmen
Vine: TheBlueOmen
Instagram: TheBlueOmen

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
The Wooden Mask
Imperial Magi
Imperial Magi

Clan : DEED
Trade Rep : 1
Number of posts : 1202
Gamertag : The Wooden Mask
GOW cash : 921

PostSubject: Re: Why Grand Theft Auto V is Set in America, Plus New Screens a   Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:04 am

Yeah, and as I said, Rockstar has not disappointed yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cia-carmineisalive.webs.com
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: Why Grand Theft Auto V is Set in America, Plus New Screens a   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 am

All looks pretty sweet to me. This might be the one to get me back into the series... Very Happy

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Grand Theft Auto V is Set in America, Plus New Screens a   Today at 4:18 am

Back to top Go down

Why Grand Theft Auto V is Set in America, Plus New Screens a
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1