AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2436
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: DC's Thought of the day! Digital Vs Retail launch night   Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:35 am

Ok so was listening too a podcast in work today and they mentioned that xbox was hoping to introduce a "pre-loaded games" for digital download which steam does at the moment I think, and basically what it does it let's you download a game 1-2 weeks before release but is locked from you playing, which results in less stress on the download servers and faster download times as not everyone is going too be trying to download the game at 12:01 on release night! Then once midnight hit the game becomes unlocked for you too play!

Now my question is: would this make you choose to go all digital I they decided too to do this or would the fact you can trade your games in, or whatever reason you choose retail over digital, stay the same!?

For me it takes so long too download a game and most of my new purchases comes from trading a game in is why I prefer to stay retail, but if they introduced this and I knew it was a game I would keep for a long time to the point it wasn't worth trading it I think I would defo do this as would save me a lot of time. But for the games I pick up once they been out for awhile I would stick with retail.

YouTube Channel & Twitch Account

The Gamer Formally Known as DaveChaos
Twitter: @TheBlueOmen
Vine: TheBlueOmen
Instagram: TheBlueOmen

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
ThePublicNME
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 9
Number of posts : 3120
Gamertag : BlG BOS5
GOW cash : 3893

PostSubject: Re: DC's Thought of the day! Digital Vs Retail launch night   Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:44 am

Well for me digital works out better because of the dual console benefits.

But for others the size of downloads is a major issue. Not only due to time but not everyone has unlimited broadband and may incure extra costs.

Also they need to bring down the price of digital games (I hear they are working on it).

One last thing is preorder exclusives. They need some of their own or to include them all with digital purchases. (Although that makes others non exclusive)

Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Clan : N/A
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 255
Gamertag : xReviveMeFoolx
GOW cash : 262

PostSubject: Re: DC's Thought of the day! Digital Vs Retail launch night   Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm a collector so until they force us into all digital I will still be getting physical copies of games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xReviveMeFoolx?feature=mhee
mmartina
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear

Clan : N/A
Number of posts : 241
Gamertag : OujaStrike
GOW cash : 260

PostSubject: Re: DC's Thought of the day! Digital Vs Retail launch night   Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 am

only way for me to go all digital is to lower the price and on certain games i like to do video unboxings
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oujastrikeblogs.wordpress.com/
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: DC's Thought of the day! Digital Vs Retail launch night   Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 am

I can't say I'm opposed to digital releases, but like most have already said, they've got to get the prices down, or I'd just as soon have a hard copy in hand.

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC's Thought of the day! Digital Vs Retail launch night   Today at 9:04 am

Back to top Go down

DC's Thought of the day! Digital Vs Retail launch night
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1