AuthorMessage
TheBlueOmen
Administrator
Administrator

Trade Rep : 5
Number of posts : 2436
Gamertag : TheBlueOmen
GOW cash : 2948

PostSubject: GEARS OF WAR MAY RETURN TO SERIES' DARKER ROOTS   Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 pm

"Gears of War, the name really meant something to what that game was about."

Microsoft’s Phil Spencer hopes the next Gears of War returns to the series’ darker roots. In the beginning, Spencer loved the “epic scale, the settings that I was in, the massive destruction moments. It was more what I would call soulful and maybe even a little dark.” The Head of Xbox told IGN that, in discussions with Rod Fergusson, who’s in charge of Gears of War at Black Tusk Studios, he’s talked about Gears of War becoming “a parody of itself” over time. “Not for any horrible reasons,” but because managing success over time is challenging.

Spencer and Fergusson have also discussed “getting back to something,” he continued. “I think [about] the story and the setting and what they’re going through as a band. Gears of War, the name really meant something to what that game was about. We need to get back to that.” He also reiterated that the next Gears of War is not a reboot.
Spencer is aware that “Judgment didn’t hit everybody’s needs and desires,” but said “I think we can continue, but we also have a new team. Rod’s there to really help with the continuity. We can really invest in this thing for the next decade, which is how I want to think about it.”
Fergusson said earlier this year that betraying fan expectations is the best way to succeed. Perhaps getting back to the series' bleaker origins is how Black Tusk aims to do that.

YouTube Channel & Twitch Account

The Gamer Formally Known as DaveChaos
Twitter: @TheBlueOmen
Vine: TheBlueOmen
Instagram: TheBlueOmen

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEURajXFZOzyfEsHf5q06NA
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR MAY RETURN TO SERIES' DARKER ROOTS   Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:10 am

Hell yes. This is what we're all waiting for!! Can't wait for the next installment...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phenom 247

Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1276
Gamertag : Phenom 247
GOW cash : 1365

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR MAY RETURN TO SERIES' DARKER ROOTS   Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:43 am

I could definitely get behind this course of action. The dank, dark, gritty feel of the original is one of the best elements of the game as a whole. Here's to hoping they can capture lightning in a bottle once again!!

Member of "The NME"
Phenom 247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR MAY RETURN TO SERIES' DARKER ROOTS   Today at 12:58 am

Back to top Go down

GEARS OF WAR MAY RETURN TO SERIES' DARKER ROOTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1