New Recruit
New Recruit

Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 9
Gamertag : Bkhapp3yfac3
GOW cash : 11

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on K/D ratio.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 am

I completely agree with you Carmine Smile

If i cant get there i just tag him to let the players know he's there, but it is fun when his teammate revives him and you shoot him down again.

kd isnt really an issue for me. If my team wins i call it a success .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on K/D ratio.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:23 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
Points/round is the best measure (I'm ~700, just slightly under). I've had MVP ribbons with 7 kills in TDM before lol (2-0 our side wins, I had a lot of damage done/got some kills taken from me, though some legit as I couldn't reach the guy). Best players are ones that do the most damage/put most bullets in the other side, because those are the ones that keep the other side away from good weapons/locations and control them.

Don't put too much stock in K/D. It matters only as a secondary stat to winning games. If you play well the kills will come.

Also for TDM formats net kills >>> K/D. A guy who gets 4 kills and 2 deaths across a 3 round match has a 2.0 K/D, but is probably terrible. A guy who gets 20 kills but dies 15 times "only" has a 1.33 K/D, but has more kills over deaths and a LOT more contributed damage. The latter player is better in every single way, but you wouldn't know that by looking at the K/D stat alone.

Have to disagree I'm afraid. Going solely on points u may think a guy who has 12 kills 15 deaths is better than a guy who has 9 kills 2 deaths across 2 rounds in a lost match. IMO 15 deaths in a match is pretty reckless. I think points should be deducted for getting killed. The leaderboards would make more sense then as well.

Still u make a good point, points per round is important as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on K/D ratio.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Skagdrew wrote:
TheMeInTeam wrote:
Points/round is the best measure (I'm ~700, just slightly under). I've had MVP ribbons with 7 kills in TDM before lol (2-0 our side wins, I had a lot of damage done/got some kills taken from me, though some legit as I couldn't reach the guy). Best players are ones that do the most damage/put most bullets in the other side, because those are the ones that keep the other side away from good weapons/locations and control them.

Don't put too much stock in K/D. It matters only as a secondary stat to winning games. If you play well the kills will come.

Also for TDM formats net kills >>> K/D. A guy who gets 4 kills and 2 deaths across a 3 round match has a 2.0 K/D, but is probably terrible. A guy who gets 20 kills but dies 15 times "only" has a 1.33 K/D, but has more kills over deaths and a LOT more contributed damage. The latter player is better in every single way, but you wouldn't know that by looking at the K/D stat alone.

Have to disagree I'm afraid. Going solely on points u may think a guy who has 12 kills 15 deaths is better than a guy who has 9 kills 2 deaths across 2 rounds in a lost match. IMO 15 deaths in a match is pretty reckless. I think points should be deducted for getting killed. The leaderboards would make more sense then as well.

Still u make a good point, points per round is important as well.

You bring up a good point. Rookies wouldn't like it but a mechanic where someone loses points for deaths would make score/round excellent.

I'm not convinced the 9-2 guy is definitely better. He MIGHT be better, might not be. Consider the possibilities here:

1. Guy with 15 deaths was a central element in securing an important position (fort area on sandbar, the high ground on overpass, etc).
2. Guy with 9 kills stole kills
3. Guy with 15 deaths had kills stolen and would have finished net positive if they had not been stolen

I'm not saying the guy with 12 kills in this case is better, I'm saying he MIGHT be. Keep in mind, however, that he did a lot of damage to get a high score, which means something. There's a good chance the 9 kill guy had multiple assists from the more reckless player, if the latter has a good score.

I do die a fair but but I can't remember the last time I died 15 times lol. 10 deaths I usually only see in 3 rounds...but even with people stealing my kills I'm still seeing 10-20 kills/match consistently. I troll AR a lot though so I rarely get killed outside of the "rush important location" phase. I get a lot of low-kill total MVP ribbons (7 is the lowest MVP kill total I've had so far :p).

Overall score/round isn't a perfect measure, but it's still easily the best one right now. A score penalty for deaths would make it a better one still, though I can see arguments against it as it will encourage camping more (as if that doesn't happen anyway).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear

Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on K/D ratio.   Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:58 am

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree which stat is more important. I'm sure I could give u a set of circumstances in which the 9-2 player was obviously better. Also if u got points subtracted for deaths then in our theoretical game in question he MAY have ended MVP anyway.

Personally I get probly as many smooth operator ribbons (highest KD) as MVP ribbons anyway. Get alot of kills with retro lancer, but 4x as much again with gnasher.

My xbox name is Skagdrew as well. Hit me up on live if u want to play some TDM!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on K/D ratio.   Today at 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on K/D ratio.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2