Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Broken Multiplayer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Broken Multiplayer?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 pm

I can't help but think many aspects of this multiplayer contribute to it feeling slightly broken. I play specifically TDM games, when playing competitively. Here is why I think its broken, and in need of immediate patching:

1) BOTS: Starting games mid-match against bots, which is made worse if you start with bots, against a team/clan that has put its flag on every power weapon and is camping your spawn from a safe distance with said power weapons and lancers.

2) SOS: Its being used by top-tier players. When I use it my KD is > 2, when I don't, I want to gouge my eyes out. Last night me and my younger brother, who are both above average shooter players died from one shot of an SOS, at the same time! In the dictionary the very definition of OP weapon, is one that is equipped as a default and can achieve a double kill with one shot fired. Don't believe me? Look it up in Webster's

3) SPAWNS: The spawning in this game is hands-down the worse I have ever seen. Why? Because there are literally only two spawn points on any map, despite the size of the map. That is, it can be small or large and still there are only 2 spawn points. You can literally be pinned back into your own spawn, and then the enemy team starts spawning behind you. It's atrocious...I have no words to describe how retarded this system is.

4) THE LONG-RANGE GAME: I had a heated conversation with Mister Wookiee about how an effective long range game is good for any shooter. What I failed to consider was the specific nature of gears 3. Yes I was referring to Gears in general, but having very accurate rifles on a better team camping your spawn (from a very safe distance and elevated position) makes it nearly impossible to get to safety or get any kills, even if their is a spawn invincibility that lasts for 5 seconds.

5) THE BEST TEAM WINS, ALL THE TIME: I bet you're like huh, so what! That makes perfect sense right? Not in Gears. Gears has become known for the last minute heroics of a talented few who could single-handedly win in Warzone, but now with tagging, and two SOS users charging you, there is no point in even trying when your teammates are all dead, and the enemy team still has 13 repawns, in TDM. Gears is now all about getting the power weapons and camping the enemies spawn, preventing them from ever coming back in the match. That is, a team with 5 coordinated players is nearly unstoppable, even when you're playing with 2 really great gears players stuck with two lower-tier randoms.

6) CHEAP TACTICS: ALL IS NOT FAIR IN WAR [GAMES]: Why on earth would it be possible to frag tag walls, floors, AND weapon spawns?!. Why on earth would any human being tag a frag spawn--that is disgusting behavior. Why are said wall, and floor tags impossible to run away from or roll away? If you hear the beep, you're dead, so don't even think you were at a safe distance---trust me, be prepared for this and save your neighbors from that shrieking sound which woke them last night. So if you're down in a TDM, and think that a few well placed grenades might get that camping team from camping your spawn, think again! Don't try to pick up frags when losing.


ALL in ALL: These are just a few of the issues affecting the multiplayer (TDM). But hey we have dedicated servers so bring the TDM on Overpass I say! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:41 am

Bots: dumb yes but better than nothing

SOS: ......................... evolve or get killed

Spawns: broken as i said in another thread

Long Range Game: Gears is a shotgun game in my game but the ARs in this game are really good. As a player you have to use better tactics to close gaps between you and others

Best Team Always Wins: Idk what game youve been playing but if you put 10 great players in a room and it ends up 5v1 the team with 5 will run around together and probably end up winning.

Cheap Tactics: what is cheap in this game??? and dont say the SOS i get it people hate it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:20 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
Bots: dumb yes but better than nothing

SOS: ......................... evolve or get killed

Spawns: broken as i said in another thread

Long Range Game: Gears is a shotgun game in my game but the ARs in this game are really good. As a player you have to use better tactics to close gaps between you and others

Best Team Always Wins: Idk what game youve been playing but if you put 10 great players in a room and it ends up 5v1 the team with 5 will run around together and probably end up winning.

Cheap Tactics: what is cheap in this game??? and dont say the SOS i get it people hate it


Bots are not better than nothing, because they artificially bolster stats and leader-boards , as well they shoot with computational accuracy, even while you're on the run. Some kind of cheese occurs when you're clearly out of range, and the PC hits you through the most obtrusive barriers to the "human eye." Did you play on Insane? I'd rather get more use to the maps, and feel more comfortable from the get-go then start playing a game first week split with bots and level 50s. Seriously WTF is that?! I posted today, that the game sold over 3 million copies. I will gladly wait for 30 seconds- 1minute to play with actual people from a fresh match. They are clearly out there!


SOS: There is nothing to adjust to. The gun is instakill 100% reliability. It's cheesier and less skillful then frag-tag in gears 1, and that was highly frowned upon by the good gears players. But now with the SOS, we find that because its a Shotgun...it's all good. Let me ask you, how would you feel if they started me out with a sniper rifle that was one shot kills, even double kills? Would you be singing the same tune? No! You would not be playing this game tomorrow if that happened. You and many others are biased towards shotguns, and not proper gameplay. There is no strategy nor a strategy to be formed by a player coming up behind me (Im sorry spawning on my ass) as pulling RT for a simple .2 sec kill.

Trust me there should be an inability to tag weapon spots--its fucking cheesy and you know it! Do you do it too? I hear that the SOS was created to stop camping, but all you see is people waiting for you to get close and not playing. So they take two grenades and tag the entrances to Mercy Church, and sit in there like little bitches with SOSs. Fuck that. There is no strategy for that. You can say the obvious, "well stop them from doing that[taking the church]" but you can't stop anybody from doing anything when you have players dictating the flow of the game because they have five player in one room coordinating their attacks. There should be a playlist for non-party TDM, so it's more fair. And Clan Support so we can see who is playing together and find a new match with similar randoms.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 67
Age : 29
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:51 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
SuperAznStoner wrote:
Bots: dumb yes but better than nothing

SOS: ......................... evolve or get killed

Spawns: broken as i said in another thread

Long Range Game: Gears is a shotgun game in my game but the ARs in this game are really good. As a player you have to use better tactics to close gaps between you and others

Best Team Always Wins: Idk what game youve been playing but if you put 10 great players in a room and it ends up 5v1 the team with 5 will run around together and probably end up winning.

Cheap Tactics: what is cheap in this game??? and dont say the SOS i get it people hate it


Bots are not better than nothing, because they artificially bolster stats and leader-boards , as well they shoot with computational accuracy, even while you're on the run. Some kind of cheese occurs when you're clearly out of range, and the PC hits you through the most obtrusive barriers to the "human eye." Did you play on Insane? I'd rather get more use to the maps, and feel more comfortable from the get-go then start playing a game first week split with bots and level 50s. Seriously WTF is that?! I posted today, that the game sold over 3 million copies. I will gladly wait for 30 seconds- 1minute to play with actual people from a fresh match. They are clearly out there!


SOS: There is nothing to adjust to. The gun is instakill 100% reliability. It's cheesier and less skillful then frag-tag in gears 1, and that was highly frowned upon by the good gears players. But now with the SOS, we find that because its a Shotgun...it's all good. Let me ask you, how would you feel if they started me out with a sniper rifle that was one shot kills, even double kills? Would you be singing the same tune? No! You would not be playing this game tomorrow if that happened. You and many others are biased towards shotguns, and not proper gameplay. There is no strategy nor a strategy to be formed by a player coming up behind me (Im sorry spawning on my ass) as pulling RT for a simple .2 sec kill.

Trust me there should be an inability to tag weapon spots--its fucking cheesy and you know it! Do you do it too? I hear that the SOS was created to stop camping, but all you see is people waiting for you to get close and not playing. So they take two grenades and tag the entrances to Mercy Church, and sit in there like little bitches with SOSs. Fuck that. There is no strategy for that. You can say the obvious, "well stop them from doing that[taking the church]" but you can't stop anybody from doing anything when you have players dictating the flow of the game because they have five player in one room coordinating their attacks. There should be a playlist for non-party TDM, so it's more fair. And Clan Support so we can see who is playing together and find a new match with similar randoms.


While I do agree with many of your points, I have to disagree with your assessment of the SOS. It is nowhere near 100 insta-kill. You have to be right up next to the person for it to kill them. If you are even a few feet away it will do good damage but they won't die, and they will often kill you during the long reload time. Hence the sniper rifle comparison is not truly accurate. It's easy to lancer someone or gnasher them before they can get close enough to SOS you. It has happened to me several times so I have kind of given up on the SOS for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:00 am

Yes Dudemaster,

But that is because you are not using the SOS on a dominate team, so that you can freely prance around the battlefield virtually unscathed or you are not using it effectively:

What people are doing to get the instakills is overwhelming you with multiple players charging you at once, from various angles w/ SOSs equipped. If your team sucks, then you wont be able to do much in a situation like this except camp your own spawn, until lo and behold the enemy begins spawning in the 3 feet of space between you and the spawn wall!

Another issue is the lancers (ARs) aren't strong enough. While the gameplay has been sped up and the ARs have been boosted, they are not strong enough. I have superior reflexes and aim in near all shooters I play, but none of this matters because this game is about bullet-sponging. My AR bullets do damage, and since there is cover virtually everywhere on the map, the person who I engage from a safe distance is now free to replenish his shields/ health, while some noobs get the flank on me and simply shoot me with the SOS, while not aiming down sight or doing anything remotely skill-based. It does not take skill to parasitically attack someone who is not looking with a one shot noob weapon, and yet all the so called great gears players think they have somehow outsmarted me. What would happen in any other shooter on map like OverPass: I would hear the gunfire, look outside, assess where the bullets came from, take down both campers in less than one minute of engagement, with enough time to kill the charging SOS before he/she is even 4 feet from me. That is the kind of player I am: Alert; accurate; un-killable. But not in gears. Because it takes so long to kill, any # of things can happen to me. I got to stop taking this game so serious...its clearly not a serious game, for serious shooter players. Just an in-between until the real heavy hitters come a knocking.

I don't hate this game, and I'll likely have a KD > 3 when all is said and done, but make no mistake about it, the aforementioned issues set the franchise further back then any amount of gore and sexism ever could.

You either have to be Halo-like is the forgiving nature of the engagements or you have to be COD-like in quickness, and precision of kills. But this farce, where only shotguns kill instantly and with no skill, but ARs take a clip to down is most ridiculous. As a result I will not be taking this game seriously. I have bought the season pass with regrets, I'm afraid.

In this game, Lancers are really only effective as suppression fire, and focus fire tactics (shooting all at once), but not as a lone soldier in the wild. That is how it becomes farce. That is because Gnasher/SOS can survive all alone in the wild (due to the overabundance of cover everywhere in this game), but the Lancer with normal bullets can't do jack shit to prevent the rush of players moving from cover to cover with a SOS.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YOUNG MONEY 511
Battle Tested Gear
Battle Tested Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 238
GOW cash : 101

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:27 am

I guess epic will patch stuff as time goes on its only been out like 9 days?.. there will be updates etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:27 am

YOUNG MONEY 511 wrote:
I guess epic will patch stuff as time goes on its only been out like 9 days?.. there will be updates etc

I'm sure they will. I came from playing Crysis 2. I was top-50 in the 360 leader boards. That game had many more problems than Gears 3, and everyone in the community prayed for patches, but were disappointed by the devs who only seemed to patch stuff that was either easy or no one wanted in the first place. The major glaring issues were left untouched to this very day. That is why that game never took off--basic lack of proper support post release.

Here's hoping that someone at EPIC read my issues, because I'm sure that I'm not alone in my feelings of frustraion. COD gets a lot of flack around the web for just about everything. But you know what they get right? Weapon balancing. Make all guns strong, and thus make them all useful. There are far too many gun in this game that don't do jack shit because they have no advantage over the strongest guns in the game: shotguns. For example. The Boltok is a great pistol, but has to be picked up? Why? It takes 3 skillful shots to down someone, and that is nearly impossible before the enemy gets into cover to recover/cower with SOS, while a flanker merks you with an SOS. There is really no effective long-range default weapon in the game. I did not play the BETA extensively (just a few matches), but the RETRO apparently fit that bill before it got nerfed, because the mindless drones cried about how they could not freely prance around in the open with their shotties. That's a real shame. I would have appreciated a truly strong AR that doesn't REQUIRE ACTIVE RELOADING/ WASTING BULLETS FIRST.

Probably the #1 proof that supports my argument that EPIC turns most encounters into a close-proximity clusterfuck. The Hammerburst doesn't get head shots. Thus the ADS which would be a nice thing for the FPS crowd, with good aim is basically useless, because there is no advantage to it--only suppression fire-- Not headshot kills like against the locust in the campaign. The Hammerburst was another AR nerfed (so I heard). Make the Hammerburst get headshots, and that shotty will be balanced. I wouldn't let anyone near me before popping heads, but nope... just like 75% of fights wind up on the ground in wrestling, 99% of the fights in Gears wind up in shotgun dance. This is just the law of the land, apparently. But like the Speed Limit (most of the time), some laws are just fucking stupid. Who drives 55 on a highway. Please get out of my way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 am

People keep complaining about shit like this and I honestly dont understand why. This game is hella balanced.

I mean the SOS is a little over used, but the Gnasher trumps that gun easy if your a skilled player.

As far as the bots go, if you dont like them then stop playing quick matches, its litteraly that simple.

The point you have about good teams always coming out on top, makes no sense. I mean it all comes down to your skill and the skill of your team, if you dont like random teams, then go out and find a good 5.

And grenade tags are more obvious then they have ever been in previous gears games. You just have to be aware man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:08 am

Nope.

I just watched several videos on the web--YOUTUBE. I need to write Webster's and tell them to revise the definition of OP weapon to include at least one more kill, that is one can achieve triple-even Quadruple kills with one pull of a sawed off. That's the new definition of OP.

Gnasher is by far < SOS---get it right! Gnasher in the hands of the most skilled player can get a triple kill, but not in one shot, and certainly not before being killed by a flanking SOS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:09 am

Funny because I've often shot a boomshot at the foot of an enemy and watch him walk away, and that a rocket blast! What gives EPIC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 am

leave the SOS alone. its too much fun carrying both shotguns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrElitE
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 33
Gamertag : Hiro0o
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:35 am

Is this going to turn into another SOS debate lol. This has to be the most controversial gun to show up on gears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:37 am

i think it already turned into another debate lol. gun is very OP no questions. if you want a real solution to it make it so that it fires only in a straight line like the sniper by making the active box on the shot smaller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:40 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
But this farce, where only shotguns kill instantly and with no skill, but ARs take a clip to down is most ridiculous. As a result I will not be taking this game seriously. I have bought the season pass with regrets, I'm afraid.

In this game, Lancers are really only effective as suppression fire, and focus fire tactics (shooting all at once), but not as a lone soldier in the wild. That is how it becomes farce. That is because Gnasher/SOS can survive all alone in the wild (due to the overabundance of cover everywhere in this game), but the Lancer with normal bullets can't do jack shit to prevent the rush of players moving from cover to cover with a SOS.


COMPLETELY agree with this part. It is such bullshit that you take an entire clip to down someone with a Lancer (when you are lucky enough that they don't run into cover which is 95% of the time) and then when you reload they get into cover or revived anyways. Next second him and his buddy are rolling towards you and you have to pull out the shotgun and start the "GOW-shotty-waltz" with them. If I wanted a close quaters fight 95% of the time I would just play Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Shooters are ment to be about shooting not rolling around like a mongrel dog.

People can tell me this game is not for me and to go play something else, well I will. Battlefield 3 Beta is awesome! I still love GOW but this multiplayer is not really worth my effort to me at this stage. If they doubled the damage the AR's do it will still weigh in the shotgun's favour imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 67
Age : 29
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:44 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
i think it already turned into another debate lol. gun is very OP no questions. if you want a real solution to it make it so that it fires only in a straight line like the sniper by making the active box on the shot smaller.

Now that is a viable solution! Thank you for your reason in this and not just cussing and saying get rid of it. The AOE is too large and needs to be trimmed, but it should have some spread still since that is the nature of a SOS. but I have seen some videos where if you are almost side by side with someone and point is straight ahead it still kills them. Not very accurate physics on that, unless buckshot can travel backwards from its original projection. It's a good weapon, and just needs to be tweaked, not obliterated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 67
Age : 29
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:45 am

Chaz665(SA) wrote:
Mike NFCT wrote:
But this farce, where only shotguns kill instantly and with no skill, but ARs take a clip to down is most ridiculous. As a result I will not be taking this game seriously. I have bought the season pass with regrets, I'm afraid.

In this game, Lancers are really only effective as suppression fire, and focus fire tactics (shooting all at once), but not as a lone soldier in the wild. That is how it becomes farce. That is because Gnasher/SOS can survive all alone in the wild (due to the overabundance of cover everywhere in this game), but the Lancer with normal bullets can't do jack shit to prevent the rush of players moving from cover to cover with a SOS.


COMPLETELY agree with this part. It is such bullshit that you take an entire clip to down someone with a Lancer (when you are lucky enough that they don't run into cover which is 95% of the time) and then when you reload they get into cover or revived anyways. Next second him and his buddy are rolling towards you and you have to pull out the shotgun and start the "GOW-shotty-waltz" with them. If I wanted a close quaters fight 95% of the time I would just play Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Shooters are ment to be about shooting not rolling around like a mongrel dog.

People can tell me this game is not for me and to go play something else, well I will. Battlefield 3 Beta is awesome! I still love GOW but this multiplayer is not really worth my effort to me at this stage. If they doubled the damage the AR's do it will still weigh in the shotgun's favour imo.

I have to agree. The Lancer is awesome for campaign but in MP it loses it's luster. I love the gun and wish it was a more realistic option in MP but it is too difficult to take someone down with it unless they are charging straight at you and not useing cover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaz665(SA)
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 50
Gamertag : FancyCharles665
GOW cash : 61

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:51 am

[quote="dudemaster12"]
SuperAznStoner wrote:
The AOE is too large and needs to be trimmed, but it should have some spread still since that is the nature of a SOS.

Sorry, but most people fail at ballistics. I have done some shotgun shooting and a shotgun does not spread out NEARLY as much as people believe. At 20 meters (sorry I only know metric) you are looking at a area maybe a little bigger than a paper plate.

(Not dissing you, just sharing some info)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 67
Age : 29
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:09 am

[quote="Chaz665(SA)"]
dudemaster12 wrote:
SuperAznStoner wrote:
The AOE is too large and needs to be trimmed, but it should have some spread still since that is the nature of a SOS.

Sorry, but most people fail at ballistics. I have done some shotgun shooting and a shotgun does not spread out NEARLY as much as people believe. At 20 meters (sorry I only know metric) you are looking at a area maybe a little bigger than a paper plate.

(Not dissing you, just sharing some info)

Hahaha no worries mate! I understand shotgun ballistics just fine. I am not referring to a standard shotgun such as one used for shooting skeet, but a double barrel sawed off at the end of the stock would have an increased spread (increased spread occurs once more than 50% of the barrel is removed), and we don't know if the SOS in gears uses any sort of spreader chokes or special spreader loads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skagdrew
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 40
GOW cash : 52

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:48 am

In regards to the normal lancer I agree with your points, but I read an article on a website and pro-gamers who regularly competed in comps were mostly using them. So it can't be that bad. (I'll stick with retro / hammerburst myself though)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:16 am

keep one shot kills. get rid of multi kill spread power or at least tone it down so it doesnt auto kill 2+ people next to each other, maybe auto kill a guy and auto down people around the blast.. either way there are intelligent solutions

in a game that is about shotguns is it that bad to change how it happens to get the same results.


GoW 1&2: we shotty dance until someone gets downed and earn a kill
GoW 3: we rush at each other with the SOS, go POW and each get kills.

in all the games you get owned by a shotgun..(this moment of having fun doesnt change my stance on the SOS being OP but fine as a default weapon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:22 am

seems like people would be less angry about this if it wasnt a default weapon. if you wanna know why this is a default and not something like the BP he is a good reason.. the BP gets headshots(instant kills) from across the map and is basically a hand sniper with an active. the SOS you either have to flank the guy(something that happens in GoW with or without the SOS) or run at him and very possibly get downed and killed before you get anywhere near firing range. again SOS is very OP but not invincible or unbeatable. it could use a serious AOE nerf but it should not be made into a pickup or have its damage nerfed. lets think about the SOS as a weapon pickup... you would just have something else to fight for and when the one team gets it they now have a huge advantage(just like having boom) you have basically by picking up the SOS said i can camp and no one can rush me cause i have to only SOS and its a trade at the very least.


keep gun fix AOE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:45 am

SuperAznStoner wrote:
seems like people would be less angry about this if it wasnt a default weapon. if you wanna know why this is a default and not something like the BP he is a good reason.. the BP gets headshots(instant kills) from across the map and is basically a hand sniper with an active. the SOS you either have to flank the guy(something that happens in GoW with or without the SOS) or run at him and very possibly get downed and killed before you get anywhere near firing range. again SOS is very OP but not invincible or unbeatable. it could use a serious AOE nerf but it should not be made into a pickup or have its damage nerfed. lets think about the SOS as a weapon pickup... you would just have something else to fight for and when the one team gets it they now have a huge advantage(just like having boom) you have basically by picking up the SOS said i can camp and no one can rush me cause i have to only SOS and its a trade at the very least.


keep gun fix AOE

It's clear that you want the brothel to remain, because you've been whoring. In many posts you've made you seem very pro-SOS, and that's because, I quote "you have a solid Gnasher [game]." And yet here you completely and utterly contradict yourself, by stating how much an advantage the SOS would be as a pickup weapon where only a select few can obtain it and then camp-keep the position where it spawns. According to you, the SOS is very easily combated, especially to an "evolved" skilled Gnahser player like yourself, but here you make it seem like as a non-default weapon it would be equivalent to a boomshot. Unlike the boomshot which I have hit at an enemy's feet only to see them walk away, having only received some damage, the SOS in fact kills with much more reliability and doesn't need to be directly hit at an enemy to kill them [>AOE than a rocket blast!]. Unlike the boomshot which takes a modicum of skill to shoot, due to its falling trajectory at greater distances, the SOS doesn't even need to be aimed, in fact I've never gotten a kill with it while aiming.

You basically said that it is possible to camp and not be rushed due to the fear caused by this weapon. Hence what we see is a lot of camping pussies in Gears 3, who could give shit less about my genetic superiority at all shooters. They don't care to shake my hand for the skillful roll and shoot of the Boltok I just did, because they are just mad they died, instead of remaining camped and waiting for a more opportune time to SOS me. I repeat, due to the OVERABUNDANCE of cover on most maps, there is nearly no penalty to walking around having never switched to a long range weapon. That doesn't happen in any other shooter, whether FPS or TPS, cover or non-cover based. It's a broken system, too much in favor of "shotgun camping/ shotgun flanking and charging in #s with SOS equipped"

Your argument now contains several key fallacies and contradictions. Your bias is obvious to all because you said that you carry both weapons [at the same time] in numerous threads. Please stop posting on the subject until they eventually patch it. Then I want to hear you cry Mad

Since you brought up the BP [Boltok Pistol], let's discuss that. The BP is an effective weapon because it's strong and accurate at a distance. It has a very slow ROF however. It shoots about as fast as a steroidal bodybuilder takes to move five feet [I'm looking at you Marcus!] Funny how we see this kind of thing in the future. I mean we've colonized Sera, and yet our munitions predate the 18th century in their accuracy and ROF--paradox that is. Actually its obvious: EPIC caters to an undercurrent of underdeveloped youths with ADHD who lack the basic motor skills to shoot accurately at a distance. So they add in all types of "cheap" one button kills:

1) Retro charge
2) Chainsaw
3) Frag Tag
4) And the biggest offender the SOS

To combat the more mature, experienced shooter players who would happily use a Hammerburst to pop your said underdeveloped brain in what was purely an ill-conceived plan to charge at me from 25 yards away with a weapon designed to kill at a range of 1 yard. Back to the point at hand: The BP isn't a sniper rifle equivalent. The Sniper is one shot to the face, and takes great skill to hit a moving target. The BP, is at least two (with active). That means I have to waste bullets first, then wait for the perfect time to reload and then some how pull off two shots, with the final to the face, in order to achieve the effect that one SOS has on 3 players simultaneously[see Youtube for various triple kills with SOS]. So which one seems like it should be a standard load-out weapon for the sake of game balancing?

Look the facts are that EPIC caters to a diverse crowd, of different enthic backgrounds, ages, and sexes. Whoa! Where am I going with this? There are several female skins/characters to choose from. We dont see this in other shooters? Why? Simply more females play Gears then say BF. We see that as the level of difficulty increases in how kills are obtained the less females play a game. Where did I get this evidence? It's purely anecdotal. Thus, in order of complexity in gameplay:

BF>COD>Halo>Gears

That being said. I have been killed by female player is the latter two. I refer to this at the X-Test (female Chromosome). That is, if a female can kill me, the game has cheap kills, and is taken less seriously. Understand I'm not talking about great female gamers. I know plenty of them, and they are on par with males. I'm am talking about my girlfriend [who doesn't play games] being able to come on and get a kill. My girl cannot get a kill in COD, she can however comprehend the basic mechanics of Gears 3, the slow speed of the action, and she is able to get kills with the SOS, Chainsaw, etc.

Disclaimer: I meant no offense to any females in teh audience. Please take my comments with a grain of salt. Than
ks Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:11 am

Just to clarify my Halo deaths considered cheap at hands of females:

Sticky Grenade (the second most powerful cheap death to grace a shooter, after the SOS). Why not CODs "Noob-tube" you might be wondering? Simply because I can dispatch people very quickly in COD. The term is referred to as twitch kills. In Halo and Gears there is a forgiving mechanic to most encounters. For example, in Reach, while I put 5 DMR shots into one skilled player his girlfriend playing split screen parasitically throws a grenade at me, from a flank or across map. In gears it would be a chainsaw death or SOS. The longer it takes me to kill, the greater the chance of being flanked by non-skilled players with OP - Cheap weapons. Just to clarify.

No I don't have a problem with girls :p. I hate dying cheaply. I hate emptying entire clips into bullet-sponges and shielded Spartans (w/ Armor Lock WTF).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dudemaster12
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 67
Age : 29
Gamertag : Dudemaster12
GOW cash : 82

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 am

Mike NFCT wrote:

Look the facts are that EPIC caters to a diverse crowd, of different enthic backgrounds, ages, and sexes. Whoa! Where am I going with this? There are several female skins/characters to choose from. We dont see this in other shooters? Why? Simply more females play Gears then say BF. We see that as the level of difficulty increases in how kills are obtained the less females play a game. Where did I get this evidence? It's purely anecdotal. Thus, in order of complexity in gameplay:

BF>COD>Halo>Gears

That being said. I have been killed by female player is the latter two. I refer to this at the X-Test (female Chromosome). That is, if a female can kill me, the game has cheap kills, and is taken less seriously. Understand I'm not talking about great female gamers. I know plenty of them, and they are on par with males. I'm am talking about my girlfriend [who doesn't play games] being able to come on and get a kill. My girl cannot get a kill in COD, she can however comprehend the basic mechanics of Gears 3, the slow speed of the action, and she is able to get kills with the SOS, Chainsaw, etc.

Disclaimer: I meant no offense to any females in teh audience. Please take my comments with a grain of salt. Than
ks Very Happy


I get the feeling that this is what you are trying to say, but replace Xerox with Plasma Grenade or SOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spb0bo3IT0I

I don't think you can say things like that and then just add a disclaimer. They don't cancel each other out. You probably shouldn't say things that you keep having to add "no offense" and I don't have a problem with girls" IT doesn't make it ok to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 am

You right. I am just losing too much sleep because of the SOS. I can't get my mind around why it exist. It's making me a horrible human being that says stupid shit on esoteric forums. Disregard me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Broken Multiplayer?   Today at 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Broken Multiplayer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Broken Multiplayer?
» brutetools broken?
» Multiplayer War Stories
» Original SoD Lost Episode 2 broken secret door puzzle
» cool 2d multiplayer soccer :D (try it out)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GEARS OF WAR FORUMS :: Gears of War 3-
Jump to: