Gears of War Forum built by Gears of War Fans, for Gears of War Fans
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
callmetongy
New Recruit
New Recruit


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 2
GOW cash : 4

PostSubject: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:37 am

ok... i want to clear all the crying about the sos i see everywhere... yes, the sos kills in one shot from melee range... but im sure many of you can coutn the times you either had an sos and bumped into a gnasher face to face and vice versa and both of you one shot eachother... i mean if the gnasher can one shot from melee range aswell what does it say? if two ppl are back turned towards me and i have gnasher i will one shot both of them back to back, with sos i can only kill one and hope the other one doesntn otice so i can reload and kill him.... the gnasher can one shot from close, and with active one shot down from a bit further than melee range, has a ton of bullets in a clip, quick reload, and good range... ive fought a lancer from a forward roll and a half away and downed him with my gnasher actives before he could down me.. and he had an assault rifle unloading on me lol... so if anythign the gnasher sounds op... i hate when i have sos, turn a corner see a guy, shoot, and we both blow up and he had gnasher... or when i sneak up behind a guy, im almost in melee range but not yet, and he shoots his gnasher for an instant headshot... im not hateing on either, i purely use the gnasher since its ten times better than sos and just used teh sos to see whats up.. im just saying... sos isnt op, it is just a preference and diff. style of play.. now stop crying, if you die to sos just know the gnasher couldve done the same, it couldve done the same from a bit further even lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike NFCT
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 118
Gamertag : Mike NFCT
GOW cash : 136

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:55 am

Well the Gnasher isn't as reliable, and has a much smaller AOE then the SOS. The Gnasher doesnt always instagib the enemy. And you'll likely die by SOS before you get the double kills you alluded to here. Also thanks for demonstrating why other parts of this game are broken. Someone shooting you with a Lancer point blank from a far distance say > 20 yards away should not be killed by Gnahser whether you're rolling in or not.


Last edited by Mike NFCT on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutlien
Armoured Kantus
Armoured Kantus


Clan : NME
Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 1039
Age : 44
Gamertag : Mutlien
GOW cash : 817

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
Someone shooting you with a Lancer point blank from a far distance say > 20 yards away should not be killed by Gnahser whether you're rolling in or not.

100% agree with this god damn annoying event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PFP 585
New Recruit
New Recruit


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 10
GOW cash : 12

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Obviously it's not op. But it's a stupid weapon. 1 on 1 yeah u should always beat a SOS but if it's 2 on 1 u might dodge the first SOS shot but it's almost a guarantee that the second one will hit. The SOS allows new sucky kids to kill more skilled players. If u play a hole team o people with SOS it's is stupid. Youcant push up on them which is the whole gametype of capture the leader and king of the hill. It also encourages camping
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:13 am

Mike NFCT wrote:
Well the Gnasher isn't as reliable, and has a much smaller AOE then the SOS. The Gnasher doesnt always instagib the enemy. And you'll likely die by SOS before you get the double kills you alluded to here. Also thanks for demonstrating why other parts of this game are broken. Someone shooting you with a Lancer point blank from a far distance say > 20 yards away should not be killed by Gnahser whether you're rolling in or not.

You don't kill good players firing at you with the lancer in that situation. OP gunned down a weak player there. If you charge someone who has the lancer out and is already hitting you when you start your roll, you will be downed before the rolling animation is completed, every time.

I regularly beat people with both shotgun variants inside 20m with the lancer. Sometimes I win over the gnasher at melee ranges with it (I've practiced with hipfire over the years. A LOT. And now that we have servers, the lag doesn't stop me like off-host used to do).

I actually dislike SOS because it turns players into derpy morons too often. It's one thing to pull it out in a close encounter situation. It's entirely another to run it exclusively. I want chance players who run it exclusively on the OTHER team. Those guys have almost 0 map control; they can kill someone up close and are then dead weight often running away from important points on the map for ~5 seconds and can do absolutely nothing to support teammates any distance away.

SoS is a good troll weapon but hardly something that players should have out a majority of the time. ARs rule this game, not shotguns, and that's how it should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 112
Age : 30
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Hey yeahs to this thread I really don't see the problem with the sos I personally love rollinup to someone and poppin them its not been as easy as people moan thou I've probably helped many get the super ribbon after bein gnasher. I've be chainsaw'd sos'd even grenade tagged while attemptin to sos people faces ...... And I been gears since number one so its not a lack of skill ill admit the power of it on the beta was Ott then them patched it a people still complain .... I recall on gears 1 and 2 the times I was pawned by a close up sneaky gnasher shot. I would get annoyed and stressed with it did I moan on and effing on about it no. Now all the so called "real" gears players are bitchin about a gun which is abused as much as glitches in gears one. You don't like it stop playing it as in fed up of hearing your stupid voice on my mix moaning about the sos like a child that had his milk spilt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperAznStoner
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 37
Gamertag : SuperAznStoner
GOW cash : 39

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:02 am

F**K THE SOS, GNASHER FOREVER!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMeInTeam
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 75
GOW cash : 80

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:47 am

DeImmortalis wrote:
Hey yeahs to this thread I really don't see the problem with the sos I personally love rollinup to someone and poppin them its not been as easy as people moan thou I've probably helped many get the super ribbon after bein gnasher. I've be chainsaw'd sos'd even grenade tagged while attemptin to sos people faces ...... And I been gears since number one so its not a lack of skill ill admit the power of it on the beta was Ott then them patched it a people still complain .... I recall on gears 1 and 2 the times I was pawned by a close up sneaky gnasher shot. I would get annoyed and stressed with it did I moan on and effing on about it no. Now all the so called "real" gears players are bitchin about a gun which is abused as much as glitches in gears one. You don't like it stop playing it as in fed up of hearing your stupid voice on my mix moaning about the sos like a child that had his milk spilt

Just make sure to remember you have another weapon. I hate players on my team who never pull out and fire a ranged weapon Evil or Very Mad. There's a reason the characters in this game get a multi-weapon system, and yet so many players ignore that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeImmortalis
Rookie Gear
Rookie Gear


Trade Rep : 0
Number of posts : 112
Age : 30
Gamertag : DeImmortalis
GOW cash : 142

PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Dont worry I love my lancer ..... And its chainsaw ringggdingdingding lol i use the sos mainly at the start of matches during the big rush as everyone runs to wherever then as that calms down im lancer most of the way changing maybe for a map based weapon or cheeky frag throw using only either shotgun in point blank fights if perhaps out of ammo or in a situation where i can't chainsaw. I do see peoples points thou there is players that just run around using only the sos running from end to end popping off shots that is annoying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?   Today at 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
 
why complain about SOS whn you have gnasher?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 1 Flame gnasher
» How to combat the SOS
» Problem with Unlockable Skins
» All gold weapons 10 via Paypal or for codes
» EA is awesome...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gears of War Fans :: GEARS OF WAR FORUMS :: Gears of War 3-
Jump to: